Monday 21 March 2011

Water

When I was in grade three, one of my teachers told the class something that filled me with absolute wonder.
He told us that the water which comes from our taps, and seems so normal to drink or bathe in, is actually the very same water that dinosaurs drank. It was the same water that dinosaurs touched and had been inside of actual living dinosaurs hundreds of millions of years ago. When it rained, those raindrops were practically triceratops tears. This made my young mind explode with excitement. I was sharing water with dinosaurs!!
I already loved to swim, play in the lake, puddles, sprinklers, pools, bathtubs...but this put my watery love into a new higher level of intensity.
I wanted to go back in time and drink from a lake beside a herd of Maiasaurs so badly.
Sadly not possible, but I began to worship water. Ever since I look at it as something magical.
My dreams are filled with it often.
When I swim and am completely submerged in it, I wish I could live like a mermaid forever.
It is as old as the earth itself, and so beautiful.
Right now I am drinking peppermint tea brewed with water that a zeuglodon once swam in.

No comments:

Post a Comment